NCIDQ Study Program - Fall 2020 Virtual Study Sessions
Time & Location
About the Event
The IIDA Northern Pacific Chapter is excited to announce the Fall 2020 NCIDQ Virtual Study Sessions for the Northern Pacific Chapter of the IIDA! Led by NCIDQ Certified Designers who have passed their exams within the last 3 years, these study sessions will help participants prepare for each section of the exam through group discussion, small activities, quizzes and practice tests. Participants are expected to join with Video on via Zoom and actively engage and participate in our program.
If you are taking the NCIDQ examination this Fall (Now October and November), take advantage of this amazing program that will help you face the daunting task of studying with support from your peers and mentors. Sign up for each section of the exam separately, not required to sign up for all 3.
Listed below are the study session dates and descriptions for the IDFX, IDPX, and Practicum Workshop. Study material for each session is related to the Interior Design Reference Manual, Sixth Edition by David Kent Ballast. Additional materials have been recommended by the CIDQ (Practice tests and notecards) and we encourage the use of Q Practice to supplement depending on your study techniques and needs.
IDFX Study Sessions -Tuesdays at 5pm
The Interior Design Fundamentals Exam is Part I of the NCIDQ Exam. Topics will be reviewed as follows.
- August 11th - Key to passing your exam, testing centers and other basics
- Programming, Site Analysis, Human Behavior, Designed Environment
- August 18th - Building Systems, Construction, furniture, lighting, construction drawings, specifications, technical drawing conventions, and design communication
IDPX Study Sessions - Tuesdays at 5pm
The Interior Design Professional Exam is Part II of the NCIDQ Exam. Topics will be reviewed as follows.
- August 25th - Key to passing your exam, testing centers and other basics.
- Project Coordination, Codes and Standards
- September 1st - Building Systems, Material Coordination, Contract Documents, Contract Administration, Professional Practice
Practicum Sessions - Tuesdays at 5pm
The Practicum is Part III of the NCIDQ Exam. The Practicum session will be administered in the following parts.
- September 8th - Key to passing your exam, testing centers and other basics.
- Space Planning, Lighting, Egress, Life Safety
- September 15th - Restrooms, System Integration, Millwork and more!
For any questions regarding the study sessions please contact the NCIDQ Program Chair at email@example.com or the VP of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org