Mon, Mar 29|
Virtual Study Session
NCIDQ Study Session | Part I Follow-Up
Join us for a virtual IDFX follow-up session!
Time & Location
Mar 29, 2021, 5:30 PM PDT
Virtual Study Session
About the Event
The IIDA Northern Pacific Chapter is excited to announce the Spring 2021 NCIDQ Virtual Study Sessions for the Northern Pacific Chapter of the IIDA! Led by NCIDQ Certified Designers who have passed their exams within the last 3 years, these study sessions will help participants prepare for each section of the exam through group discussion, small activities, quizzes and practice tests. Participants are expected to join with Video on via Zoom and actively engage and participate in our program.
If you are taking the NCIDQ examination this Spring (April 2021), take advantage of this amazing program that will help you face the daunting task of studying with support from your peers and mentors. Sign up for each section of the exam separately, not required to sign up for all 3.
Listed below are the study session dates and descriptions for the IDFX, IDPX, and Practicum Workshop. Study material for each session is related to the Interior Design Reference Manual, Sixth Edition by David Kent Ballast. Additional materials have been recommended by the CIDQ (Practice tests and notecards) and we encourage the use of Q Practice to supplement depending on your study techniques and needs.
IDFX Study Sessions -Tuesdays at 5:30pm
The Interior Design Fundamentals Exam is Part I of the NCIDQ Exam. Topics will be reviewed as follows.
- January 12th - Key to passing your exam, testing centers and other basics
- Programming, Site Analysis, Human Behavior, Designed Environment
- January 19th - Building Systems, Construction, furniture, lighting,
- January 26th - Technical Drawing Conventions, Construction Drawings, and Specifications. FF&E and Materials Selection and Specification.
IDPX Study Sessions - Tuesdays at 5:30pm
The Interior Design Professional Exam is Part II of the NCIDQ Exam. Topics will be reviewed as follows.
- February 9th - Key to passing your exam, testing centers and other basics.
- Project Coordination, Codes and Standards
- February 16th - Building Systems, Material Coordination, Contract Documents
- February 23rd - Project Coordination, Professional Practice, Business, Contract Administration.
Practicum Sessions - Tuesdays at 5:30pm
The Practicum is Part III of the NCIDQ Exam. The Practicum session will be administered in the following parts.
- March 9th - Key to passing your exam, testing centers and other basics.
- Space Planning, Lighting, Egress, Life Safety
- March16th - Restrooms, System Integration, Millwork and more!
- March 23rd - Practice Exam review
New this year! We are providing catch all sessions a week prior to the start of exams in April. This allows participants from all 3 sections to come with their last minute questions prior to testing. Must of been a participant of 1 of the 3 sessions to attend.
Follow Up Sessions
- IDFX: March 29th (Monday) - 530pm
- IDPX: March 30th (Tuesday) - 530pm
- Practicum: March 31st (Wednesday) - 530pm
Reading material and zoom information will be sent out 1 week prior to beginning of sessions.
For any questions regarding the study sessions please contact the NCIDQ Program Chair at email@example.com or the VP of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org